With the New Year approaching are you aware that you are entitled to certain Preventive Services provided by Medicare?
Here is a list of Preventive Services you can get a print out of this at http://www.Medicare.gov. Take it to your doctor or health care provider to find out which screening is right for you. You can also keep track of all these screenings if you have created your account at http://www.mymedicare.gov.
Please note that there are guidelines as to who is eligible for these preventive screenings and cannot be performed all the time. Watch for other posts as I will talk about each one of these. In the meantime if you want immediate information please go to Medicare Preventive Services.
Medicare Preventive Screenings
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening
- Bone Mass Measurement
- Cardiovascular Screenings
- Colorectal Cancer Screenings
- Fecal Occult Blood Test
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Barium Enema
- Diabetes Screenings
- Diabetes Self-management Training
- EKG Screening
- Flu Shots
- Glaucoma Tests
- Hepatitis B Shots
- Mammogram (screening)
- Medical Nutrition Therapy Services
- Pap Test and Pelvic Exam (includes breast exam)
- Physical Exam (one-time “Welcome to Medicare” physical exam)
- Pneumococcal Shot
- Prostate Cancer Screenings
- Smoking Cessation (counseling to stop smoking)
Do What You Can Do to Help Prevent Illness
Medicare advocates other things that you can do to stay healthy, live longer and delay or prevent diseases. Here are some things that are recommended to help prevent illness.
- Eating well—Keeping a healthy weight—
- Not smoking—Talk with your doctor about getting help to quit smoking.•
- Getting preventive services
Let us know if you have other secrets to staying healthy, living longer and delaying or preventing diseases.
To Your Good Health!