Recent Posts by Carrie
If you're caring for a parent with Alzheimer's disease, you already know that the condition can seem like a very dark mystery with wonderful moments of sunshine. Watching my own grandmother descend into Alzheimer's while I was in college is what led me to a career devoted to helping other families deal with the heartache and challenges associated with this disease.
While working for the Alzheimer's Association, I received a lot of phone calls concerning geriatric care for aging parents. Many of the calls came from adult children who were either overwhelmed with caregiving responsibilities or lived too far away to provide the eldercare their parent required. Many times, I suggested that the caller look into hiring a geriatric care manager.
EldercareABC began as an idea based on empathy and community. Stephen and Sandy Joyce had cared for both of their parents. When they were gone, what remained was the memory of how challenging their caregiving experiences had been.
Recent Comments by Carrie
- February 11, 2011 on What Makes Someone a Senior Citizen?
- September 24, 2009 on Exploring Senior Assistance Mobility Aids
- August 5, 2009 on I’m still standing
- July 23, 2009 on Alzheimer's Disease: Coping With Caregiver Stress and Burnout
- July 22, 2009 on Caregiver’s Nightmare: Delirium After Surgery