- Addressing Elder Law Issues with Your Parent
Thanks goodness, my mom and dad had the foresight to consider legal issues such as a will, living trust and financial and healthcare powers of attorney, earlier in life. When my mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and could no longer manage her financial affairs, my dad served as her agent.
- Elderly Help:Elder Cottage Housing Opportunity
In a previous post, I discussed things to consider before providing parent care in your home. Providing parent care in your home may reduce parent care, senior careprivacy for you and your parent. Elder Cottage Housing Opportunity (ECHO) is a solution to increase privacy.
- PACE programs: An Important Senior Care ResourceProgram for All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) provides the comprehensive elder care that frail seniors need without placing them in a Pace, nursing home, caregiver, elder care, senior carenursing home. When a person has run out of money to pay for elder care, he will likely apply for Medicaid to pay long term care costs.
- Why Parent Care is not Child Care
Most of us find it difficult to know when to step in and provide parent care. We are used to seeing our parents as capable. It can come as rude shock the first time we realize that they are vulnerable and need our help.
- The Role of Hospice in Elder Healthcare
I had to face that my mother was dying. If I had known how hospice would transform our relationship with the elder health care system, I would have acted sooner.
Hospice introduced us to a more compassionate way of dealing with my aging parent.
- Eldercare Surgery and Recovery Tips
Mary has been recovering from an elder health care crisis of open heart surgery and a bumpy recovery.
- Memory and Independent Living
A healthy brain and good memory are the keys to independent living as we age. As the daughter of an Alzheimer’s disease victim, every memory lapse I experience makes me worry. As the daughter of an Alzheimer’s disease victim, every memory lapse I experience makes me worry. I wonder is this the first sign that I will get AD too.
- Senior Care Help for Aging Veterans
Mary heard about a possible Veterans benefit that might help her mother who was the widow of a WWII veteran.
- The Elder Care Leap of Faith
When it was time to help my parents with their elder care needs, I didn’t hesitate, I jumped in.
- Caregiving and communicating through dementia
Caregiving and communicating when your parent has dementia can be challenging.